Friday, February 25, 2011

Fashion Tutorial: School outfits!

This is not the same as Shopping guide because I don't really say much about price in this.  Okay, so I like to work from my base, my base being:

A white Cami

Blue bootcut jeans. You can go for a darker wash if you want. This look would probably look uber cool with distressed skinny jeans like these


But if your school doesn't allow "Exsessivly Ripped Clothing" find some tamer jeans.



So we have our base. Blue jeans and a cami. Lets work from there and get more into camis.


CAMIS
This look can work with any color cami. It could even have patterns. My friend Sarah has this gorgeous blue cami with green stars and green lace. It looked totally cool. The best part about camis is they work great with anything.  So you cant wear Spaghetti straps to school. Well, actually you can! You just need to cover the straps. Also, lace really dresses up a cami.

THE NEXT PART OF OUR OUTFIT

So I said you need to just cover up. What with, you ask? The ever-so-amazing cardigan of course! Here are a few camis to try out.

THE CROPPED CARDI .

Find one with less dressed up sleeves if you prefer. If you want a better look, make sure the color of the cardigan goes well with the cami. For example...

This

Works well with this

Because navy and yellow work well together!! So heres more cardis

LONGER CARDI

Don't like showing your belly? Find a longer one!

That one is perfect. Its long and not show-offy but you can still see the cami. It is also very flowy so it gives a relaxed look. I find black cardigans more, well, "harsh looking" against bright colors. Gray looks more I guess you could say, "relaxed". It just feels more light. Black is slimming, but also harsh against bright colors and boring against dark ones.  Gray will look really light against bright, light, and dark colors.


DRESSY/PRETTY CARDIGANS

OMG, Isn't that sooo cute!  Also, it works with any solid tee or cami! 


SHOES

My friend and I have theese flats, they are sooo cute and perfect! I got them at payless.  They go with anything! Here are a few more options:


High tops or lowtops, converse and vans totally rock.  I got pictures of black ones because theres so many colors to choose from, and I didnt want to upload every color of the rainbow.



SO THERES OUR SCHOOL OUTFIT!


                                                                           GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment