Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tag! Beauty Story

1.How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
Well I cant wear it to school yet, but at home ive always been interested. I think I've been playing with my mom's makeup since second grade. (I was 7)
2. How did you get into makeup? Well, when I was 7 my mom was wearing makeup to work, like she still does now, and after watching her I wanted to try. So I did and got hooked. At age 8 or so I got a youtube account.... then at 9 I got interested in Bubzbeauty, and at 10 (Im 10 now) I got interested in Michelle Phan.
Now Bubbi and Michelle are my favorite gurus on youtube! I never really liked Juicystar07 or AllThatGlitters21 much, I think they talk too much. While A Bubbi Hair tutorial  is 5 min a Juicystar07 straightening tutorial is 16 minutes... and theres no actual straightening until the 10 minute mark... So thats 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. :(
3.What are some of your favorite brands?
Well, I go for the cheap brands that are still good quality, so definetly Cover Girl and Maybeline.
4.What does makeup mean to you? Makeup is an art. A face is a canvas, and you can make it look beautiful just like a painted peice of paper. Makeup is YOU but enhanced a bit. Like in a painting, you paint a portrait of random colors, the colors are YOU. How you feel. Your insideness. xD. But enhanced. As Michelle Phan says, "True beauty comes from the heart"
5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?
Moisturizer, Concealer, Sunscreen, Blush. All the important things, then a pop of color on my cheeks.
6.What is your favorite thing about makeup?
Well, just being able to have fun. Makeup is an art, right? So why paint a wall tan, when you can paint a wall white with big splashes of color? The choice is boring or bright. I choose bright. Being able to have fun with it, while still looking proffesional. Not caring what others think, because you had fun. So its a toss up between fun and confidence.Probably fun though.
7.What do you think about drugstore makeup Vs. High end makeup?
Drugstore is just as good as high end.
8.What is one tip you could give to a begginer?
Don't be afraid of what other people think. Confidence is key. I used to wash off makeup before I left the bathroom, but now I wear it proudly around my house, not caring what others think. Remember, makeup should be fun, not scary.
9.What is one makeup trend you never understood?
Neon eyeshadows and eyeliner. Yellow is okay, but not neon yellow. Same with other colors. Save it for halloween, unless your AIMING for a glow-in-the-dark look. Ew.
10.What do you think about the beauty community on youtube?
Its great. Bubbi is the reason I keep trying new looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment